ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
BON ROSS
Construction
STEEL
Type
TUG
Date
1934
Description
Yard Number: 648

Owner: James Dredging, Towage & Transport Co., London (for Mr Frank M Ross of Montreal)

BON ROSS: 1934-1936
BANSHEE: 1936-1955
MOLOSSO: 1955-1961
VALOROSSO: 1961-1987

Strengthened forward for work in ice bound waters.

Left for Montreal, 31 August.

BON ROSS was one of four steam tugs built for Sincennes McNaughton, Montreal. The other three were BON VOYAGE, BONSCOT and BONSECOURS. BON ROSS and BONSCOT were sold in 1936 to Maritime Towing & Salvage, with BONSCOT becoming BANSCOT and BON ROSS becoming BANSHEE. Also in 1936 the company acquired another A. Hall built tug of 1923 called COALOPOLIS, now BANSURF.
In Lloyd's 1951 reg. BANSHEE is now owned by The Ministry of Transport, Halifax. In 1955 to 1961, the ship was now called MOLOSSO for Cant. Nav. Santa Maria, (Spezia, Italy) who had the class withdrawn 12/37. It was then sold in 1961 o Fratelli Barretta Fu Domenico (Brindis, Italy). Between 1983 and 1987 the ship is now owned by Impress Frotelli Barratta Domenico & Giovanni. No further info after 1987.
Shipbuilder
A. HALL & Co.
Shipowner
James Dredging Towage & Transport Co., London
Dimensions
length 90 3/12' x breadth 28 7/12' x depth 14'
Gross Tonnage: 215 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council