ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
STRATHELLIOT
Construction
STEEL
Type
STEAM TRAWLER
Date
1915
Official Number
137163
Description
Yard Number: 564
Fishing number: A46
Built for the Aberdeen Steam Trawling & Fishing Co. Ltd. 16 Bridge Street, Aberdeen. Manager John Brown, 208 Market Street, Aberdeen.

Requisitioned in March 1915 and converted to minesweeper.
Returned to owners, 1919.
Requisitioned in January 1940 and converted to D/L.
Converted to an armed patrol vessel in September 1940.
Converted to a store carrier, 1942.
Returned to owners, 1946.
In 1946, owned by David Wood and others.
In 1949, owned by Clova Fishing Co. Ltd.
Ran ashore on Taing of Selwick, Hoy Sound on 23 October 1952.
Shipbuilder
Hall Russell
Shipowner
Aberdeen Steam Trawling and Fishing Company
Dimensions
length 115 3/12' x breadth 22 1/12' x depth 13'
Gross Tonnage: 211 ton
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional   © 2006 - 2013 Aberdeen City Council