ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
MARINDA
Construction
STEEL
Type
TRAWLER
Date
1946
Official Number
180329
Description
Yard Number: 189

Engine no. 263, boiler by Barclay Curle, Glasgow.
Full power trial in Aberdeen Bay, 21 January 1946.
Builder's certificate dated 12 January 1946.

According to Shipbuilding and Shipping Record, this was the first post war trawler built in Aberdeen. Registered in Fleetwood.
Owned in 1949 by National Trawling & Fishing Co. Ltd, Cape Town.
1968 Aquired by the South African Navy and sunk as a target.
Shipbuilder
John Lewis & Sons
Shipowner
J Marr & Son Ltd
Dimensions
length 130 1/3' x breadth 24 7/12' x depth 13 9/12'
Gross Tonnage: 342ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council