ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
LAMMERMUIR
Construction
STEEL
Type
TRAWLER
Date
1950
Official Number
183460
Description
Yard Number: 220

Renamed: JEGVAN ELIAS THOMSEN (1956)

Motor Trawler
Construction: Riveted/P. welded

Engine - Oil 23CSA 3cy 17 5/16 - 56 11/16 MN 220 DB 150lb, all machinery supplied, arranged and installed by Doxford.

LAMMERMUIR was built for West Hartepool Steam & St. Andrews Steam Co. by John Lewis. LAMMERMUIR was a big fishing boat to go to the distant fishing grounds around Iceland for cod. She was also one of the first motor trawlers built after the 2nd World War to replace the steam operated vessels. LAMMERMUIR was owned by the company until 1956 when she was sold to P/F Samvinnufelagid A/S, Sandevaag, Faroes and renamed JEGVAN ELIAS THOMSEN. She was recorded up to 1975/76 in Lloyd's Register with this company. She was the first diesel powered fishing boat built by the yard.
Shipbuilder
John Lewis and Sons
Shipowner
St Andrews Steam Fishing Company Ltd
Dimensions
length 185 3/6' x breadth 32 1/12' x depth 16 5/6'
gross tonnage: 729 ton
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional   © 2006 - 2013 Aberdeen City Council