ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
ANN FORD MELVILLE
Construction
STEEL
Type
STEAM TRAWLER
Date
1911
Official Number
129357
Description
Yard Number: 465
Steel screw steam trawler
Date of Build/Launch: April 1911

April 1915: Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper. Admiralty number 1347.
1919: Returned to owners.
1923: Owned by Walker S T F Co, Ltd and renamed STAR OF FREEDOM.
1933: Renamed SHIELBURN and owned by D. Wood and T. Flett, Aberdeen.
1939/40: Owned by D. Wood and T. Flett.
March 1944: Requisitioned as SHIELBURN.
October 1944: Returned to owners.
1944: Owned by Westenborg Trawlers Ltd., Milford (H. Westenborg manager).
1949/50: Owned by Lewis, Wilcox & Co., Port of Registry Milford.
1951/52: Owned by J. C. Llewellin Trawlers Ltd, Milford.
1953: Owned by J. C. Llewellin Trawlers Ltd, Milford.
1956: Scrapped. Broken up in U.K.

Source: Royal Navy Trawlers and Lloyd's Register of Shipping
Shipowner
J S Melville, Aberdeen (A365)
Shipbuilder
A. HALL & Co., Aberdeen
Dimensions
length 117' 3" x breadth 22' x depth 13'
Gross Tonnage: 211 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council