ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
APPLEGARTH
Construction
STEEL
Type
TUG
Date
1951
Official Number
183807
Description
Yard Number: 739
Engine number 451

Sistership to BANGARTH and AYSGARTH.

Change of name in 1971 to AFON CEFNI, with change of ownership to Holyhead Towing Co., Beaumaris, Wales.
Change of name in 1975 TO ACHILLES, with change of ownership to A.N. Vernicos of Piraeus, Greece.

Last entry in Lloyd's Register of Shipping 1975/76.
Shipbuilder
A. HALL & Co., Aberdeen
Shipowner
Rea Towing Co., Liverpool
Dimensions
length 96 3/12' x breadth 26 7/12' x depth 12 9/12'
Gross Tonnage: 231 tons

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council